RULES & REGULATIONS
There are different leagues within this sport, so there are variations in the rules and regulations surrounding various tournaments. See below for great resources that provide more in-depth explanations of the rules and regulations of our sport.
ARMORED COMBAT SPORTS RULESET
HISTORIC MEDIEVAL BATTLES RULESET
INTERNATIONAL MEDIEVAL COMBAT FEDERATION RULESET
Still, have questions?
Check out our F.A.Q for general and detailed information about the Florida Fire Drakes.
If you or an athlete has encountered an injury and is showing signs or symptoms of a concussion, read through the following information for help.
OBSERVED BY COACHING STAFF
· Appears dazed or stunned
· Is confused about assignment or position
· Forgets sports plays
· Is unsure of the game, score, or opponent
· Moves clumsily
· Answers questions slowly
· Loses consciousness (even briefly)
· Shows behavior or personality changes
· Can’t recall events prior to hit or fall
· Can’t recall events after hit or fall
REPORTED BY ATHLETE
· Headache or “pressure” in head
· Nausea or vomiting
· Balance problems or dizziness
· Double or blurry vision
· Sensitivity to light
· Sensitivity to noise
· Feeling sluggish, hazy, foggy, or groggy
· Concentration or memory problems
· Does not “feel right”
If you suspect that a player has a concussion, you should take the following steps:
1. Remove the athlete from play
2. Ensure the athlete is evaluated by an appropriate healthcare professional. Do not try to judge the seriousness of the injury yourself.
3. Inform the athlete’s parents or guardians about the known or possible concussion and give them the fact sheet.
4. Allow athletes to return to play only with permission from an appropriate healthcare professional.
IT IS BETTER TO MISS ONE GAME THAN AN ENTIRE SEASON!
For more information and to order additional materials free of charge, visit:
The information on this site is not intended or implied as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and information on or available through this website, is for general information purposes only. If you encounter any of these signs or symptoms, please seek a medical professional immediately. The Florida Fire Drakes makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained on or available through this website. Such information is subject to change without notice.